Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 5 2017: January Report Card

I made it through the first month of 2017.  I got the idea to do a report card of my resolutions for January from my friend Mary Beth over at Tutus and Tennies.  So how did I do?

1.  Lose some damn weight!
Well, I am disappointed to report that I did not lose any weight this month. Although, it really isn't surprising, since I didn't try that hard. Grrrr! I did pretty well exercise wise.  I managed to run 3 days a week, 3 weeks out of 4.  Where I really did bad were my eating habits.  I did well the first week, but then slowly went back to my old habits the remaining weeks.  I really need to do a better job here.  It's just that I really don't feel like counting calories or points. My motivation is seriously in the crapper.  Any words of encouragement would be appreciated.  I have got to get my head in the game!  Grade C-

2.  Post regularly to my blog.
My goal here was to post at least once a week to my blog.  I managed to get 5 posts in this month!  I did miss last week, but one week I posted twice.  Grade A-

3.  Read 75 books this year.
That means I would need to read about 6 books each month.  I didn't quite make that pace.  I read 4 books this month.  Grade C

1. Kiss Me, Annabel by Eloisa James  Grade B
2. Bloodspell by Amalie Howard  Grade C-
3. And Then She Was Gone by Christopher Greyson  Grade C
4. Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare  Grade B+

Last week brought about news that will bring change to our household.  The Hubster received a job offer to work at a local hospital and he has accepted.  This will be his first time changing jobs in 15 years.  Since it is a hospital, he will be doing shift work.  It will be quite a change going from 5 days a week, 8 hours each day to 3 days a week, 12 hours each day.  And he will go from Monday - Friday to working Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  He starts Feb 20th.

What would be one of the first things you would do upon getting a new job?  Would it be to run out and buy a new car?!?!  If you answered yes, then you would have done the exact same thing the Hubster did!  He traded in his 10 year old Honda Accord for a Chevy Camaro.  Can you say midlife crisis?  Should I be worried???

I will say, it is a pretty sweet ride.  I got to drive it home from the dealership because Jeff was throwing up.  We are still not sure if it was the flu or food borne illness.  Only by the grace of God, did we manage to make it home without a mess in his brand new car!

2 comments:

Rowena said...

The weight loss goal is one that I'm struggling with and just like you, my eating habits is what is tripping me up. I need to get it together already. Ha! I hope you have better luck this year.

Great picture and nice car. The only thing wrong with the picture is your husband's sweatshirt. Haha, just kidding (only a little since I hate the Clippers, hahaha).

I hope February is good to you and that you accomplish all of the things, Jill.

Hugs!

Jill D. said...

Hi Rowena,

I am glad it's not just me who is struggling. Although, now that I say that, it seems like it sounds wrong. I want you to be successful too!! I have to say, by recapping online, it made me want to be able to give a better report next month. Maybe that will help motivate me!