Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Loot Crate: August 2016 Anti-Hero

Box that everything came in
A few months back I made a deal with my DH.  If he would put up shelves in my DD's bedroom, I would get them a Loot Crate subscription.  If you aren't familiar with Loot Crate, it is one of these online subscription programs where they send you a box filled with pop culture goodies each month.  They describe themselves as providing a crate for "geeks and gamers".  They usually come with a t-shirt (you choose the size upon subscription order) and then a couple of figurines and other various miscellaneous goodies.  Our subscription costs less than $20.00 a month.

I just started our subscription, so this was our first shipment.  Low and behold to my DD's surprise this month' anti-hero was the theme.  She was super-stoked because Harley Quinn from the DC comics is one of her favorite characters and she got a Harley Quinn figurine.  She and DH went to go see the Suicide Squad opening weekend, which she had been looking forward to for over a year now.

First off, the box they ship the stuff could be turned into Harley Quinn's hammer.  How cool is that?!?  DD explained that every month the box is designed to be useful in some way. 

August Loot Crate Items
In the crate were the following items:

1.  Archer t-shirt (I have no clue who Archer is, LOL)
2.  Harley Quinn figurine
3.  Kill Bill socks
4.  Hellboy, Hand of Doom piggy bank
5.  World of Warcraft pin + 30 subscription to the Warcraft game for PC.

 

My DD informs me that every crate comes with a pin.  Her friend who has subscribed for over a year puts all the pins on their backpack for display.  She is following in his footsteps!

I think it is a fun concept.  A friend of mine told me about it when I commented on his Labyrinth T-shirt he was wearing.  (It was so cool with all the characters from the movie on it with David Bowie front and center.)

Are any of you subscribers to Loot Crate out there?  I seem to be a fan of these monthly subscription sights, LOL!

3 comments:

Rowena said...

OMG, you have an ARCHER DANGER ZONE T-SHIRT!!! Archer is the main character in the adult cartoon seriers, Archer (it comes on FX) and Archer is a total anti-hero. He reminds me so much of my old co-worker who even looks like Archer. The show isn't for kids even though it's an animated one. Archer is a spy and he drinks too much, sleeps around a lot and always sings Danger Zone. LOL.

I've never heard of these boxes before but I'm going to need to check them out because I liked everything you got in this box. I've only heard of the YA box subscriptions.

Wendy said...

OMG I LOVE ARCHER! I got hooked on it earlier this year and binge-watched every single season.

What Rowena said. It's for grown-ups :)

Jill D. said...

Rowena, Wendy - I am definitely going to have to check into Archer now... my interest is peaked!