Monday, July 25, 2016

Ipsy: July Glam Bag

 
Have you heard of Ipsy?  My friend Lilly introduced me to Ipsy last month.  This is where you can subscribe to receive a different handful of cosmetics in the mail each month.  There are other skin care/cosmetic subscriptions out their but I chose Ipsy.  I just love this concept because it is a chance to try out different products.  The subscription only costs $10 a month, which I think is a steal because most bags are worth $40 to $50 worth of product.  If you pay for a year in advance you get a month free.

When you subscribe, you are given the opportunity to set up your preferences.  You fill out a questionnaire that creates your profile and preferences and it will dictate the type of samples that fill your bag.  For example, you are asked what skin tone, eye and hair coloring you have to match the cosmetics to your coloring.  It will also ask your style preferences, such as if you go more dramatic, or natural with your make-up.  You can select the areas you are more interested in, such as wrinkles vs. acne, etc.  This helps to gear your samples to match your tastes. 

I got my first Ipsy glam bag in the mail this month.  The cool thing when you get your bag, is you can go to the website and they will instruct you on how to use these products.  I was clueless on how to use the mini highlight stick.  I hadn't ever used a product like this before.  On the website, it gave you a description of where to apply it.  For the eyeshadow, they actually had a video you could watch to wear for a day or night look.  Also, on the website, you can review the products.

The products I received where:

1.  theBalm Cosmetics: Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow in Matt Moskowitz
*I received the dark plum eye shadow.  It holds up well throughout the day and goes on easily.  It applies with a buildable application.*

2.  Organic Surge Daily Care Reviving Eye Gel
*I really like how this product feels when you apply it to the skin.  It is very lightweight and leaves the skin feeling cool and refreshed.  So far so good, I haven't experienced any negative side affects.*

3.  tre'StiQue Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent
*This product I was a little clueless on how to apply.  The website has a facial diagram on how to apply.  I have used it a couple of times.  I didn't really notice any differences with me using this as opposed to not.  So it is very subtle.  If not for in my bag I probably wouldn't use a product like this.  It applies easily, but I didn't think it made a big impact.*

4.  ModelCo POWERLASH Black Mascara
*I like this mascara.  The wand applies the product in a very light coat that goes on smooth and not clumpy.  Also the formula holds up really nicely in the hot humid Florida summer.  At the end of the day, I was smudge free under my eyes.  It is buildable, so multiple coats apply nicely and still leave the lashes clump free.*

5.  Luxie Beauty Luxie Rose Gold Small Angle Eye Brush 215
* I did not receive this in my bag.  I didn't realize it until I went on the website and saw I was supposed to receive it.  I put in an email to the website and they responded very quickly and will be sending me a replacement, no questions asked.  Very nice customer service!*

Have you tried a make-up subscription like Ipsy?  If so, let me know which one and what you got in your kit this month.  If not, would this be something you would try?


 
 

3 comments:

Mstubbs6692 said...

I used to have a subscription to another makeup years ago and just signed up for Ipsy ...thanks, Jill!

Jill D. said...

Hi Mary! Thanks for visiting. Let me know how you like Ipsy. I'll be interested to see how your bag differs from mine.

nath said...

it's time like this I wish I lived in the US!!