Sunday, February 6, 2011

Review - Call Me Irrisistable



Title: Call Me Irresistible
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Publishing Date: January 2011
Genre: Contemporary
Rating: B+
Sensuality: Hot
Book Disclosure: I purchased an eBook from Barnes and Noble for my Nook eReader.

Call Me Irresistible is the story of Teddy Beaudine who is all grown up. Readers were first introduced to Ted as the ugly, awkward child of Francesca and Dallie from the book Fancy Pants. But now Ted is all grown up and is about to marry Lucy Jorik, a woman with whom everyone believes is perfect for Ted, including Ted. Although much to everyone's surprise, Lucy leaves Ted at the Alter and everyone needs someone to blame. That someone just happens to be Lucy's best friend and maid of honor, Meg Koranda. Meg finds herself stranded in the small Texas Town of Wynette with no friends and no money and everyone including the mayor himself, Mr. Ted Beaudine is out for blood.

Once again Ms. Phillips has out done herself with another fantastic novel. Ted and Meg are great characters. I instantly loved Meg. She has this way of seeing straight to the truth of things at least for other people, but when it comes to herself she has always felt like she never measured up. In Call Me Irresistible she learns exactly what she is capable of, just how strong and smart she is and realizes she has plenty of self worth. She is the perfect counterpoint for Ted whose success comes so easy to him. His whole life he has been nothing but the golden boy. For once in his life, Meg is his first glimpse at having to work for something.

The drama of the town, Meg's presence and the difficulties she goes through in order to learn her lesson are all extremely griping and entertaining. I could hardly put the book down. I couldn't wait to see what outrageous thing would happen next. There is great dialogue, wonderful characters and an exciting conclusion. I loved it and would recommend it to fans of SEP or contemporary romance.

7 comments:

nath said...

This book has been getting great reviews :) It's nice to see :P I just wished I enjoyed this author more ^_^;

Kristie (J) said...

I've been out of the loop for so long that I'm not sure I knew you got an ereader yet. But jolly good for you for getting one :-)

*sigh* I used to read SEP - and loved her books but I read 2 in a row that I intensely disliked and it's like they poisoned me or something - I just can't work up any urge to try her again.

Tracy said...

How funny that this is the grown up version of the guy from Fancy Pants. I just got Fancy Pants to read so I guess it'll be funny to see his adult transformation when I eventually read this one. :)

Jill D. said...

Nath - I love SEP, I don't see how people don't enjoy her. She is so creative when it comes to her characters and certain key scenes.

Kristie - LOL, I got an ereader for my birthday back in september. I got a Nook from hubby. I am enjoying it.

Dare I ask what where the two books you intensely disliked? I am curious, maybe I need to stay away, because of right now she is a favorite author.

Tracy - Oh hope you enjoy Fancy Pants. I really did enjoy it, but you are in for some really big Angst. Also, it takes a while to get into the story, but once you do, bam! Watch out! It is good stuff.

Kristie (J) said...

There are 3 actually - Breathing Room, This Heart of Mine and First Lady. Though I started and finished all of them, there were parts of them when I seriously wanted to throw the book against the wall.

Hilcia said...

Love SEP, Jill. I have this one in my TBR. I hope I can get to it soon. :)

Jill D. said...

Krisie - Characters from First Lady made an appearance in this book. I haven't read that one yet, but it is on my TBR list. Sometimes I can still really enjoy a book even though I wanted to throw it. Of course there are a lot of factors that go into it.

Hilcia - If you like SEP then move up to the top, because it is a great read!