Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sadly, My Vacation is Over - December Summary


This evening marks the last remaining moments of my two week hiatus from work. Even though I wasn't working it seemed like I was much busier over the holiday than a typical work week. I was unable to accomplish all I wanted to this vacation with the exception of my reading. It's glaringly obvious where my priorities lay. As I write this, my house is in shambles. Dirty dishes and moldy shower curtains have been neglected, yet I did manage to read a total of 15 books this December. Whooo hooo!!!

I have some exciting things planned for next week. I have been working on my top ten list for 2009. I've been getting my book stats for the year all worked up. I will be making graphs and stuff. I also am working on setting new goals for reading and this blog. Be looking out for that sometime in the next few days.

1. Dying Scream, Burton (Rom. Suspense) Rating: C
2. Hotter After Midnight, Eden (Paranormal) Rating: C+
3. Black Silk, Ivory (Historical) Rating: B-
4. Sweet Restraint, Kerry (Contemporary/Erotic) Rating: C
5. Too Good to be True, Higgins (Comteporary) Rating: B
6. Guardian, Delacroix (Paranormal) Rating: B
7. Joe's Wife, St. John (Western) Rating: B+
8. Midnight Run, Rice (Rom. Suspense) Rating: C
9. Full Moon Rising, Arthur (Urban Fantasy) Rating: B-
10. What Happens in London, Quinn (Historical) Rating: B
11. Ten Big Ones, Evanovich (Mystery) Rating: A
12. Vision in White, Roberts (Contemporary) Rating: B+
13. Earth Guys are Easy, Kelley (Contemporary) Rating: C+
14. Ice Howard (Rom. Suspense) Rating: B-
15. Taking Care of Business, Hart and Dane (Contemporary/Erotic) Rating: B

3 comments:

nath said...

Wow, 15 books!! You did great! Can't wait to see your end of the year post will all the graphs and all.

Can you believe it, Jill... you've been blogging for two years!! It seems to me it was just yesterday that I've discovered your blog!

SusiSunshine said...

That's a real good list! 15 books, that's great!
I so want to read Taking Care of Business.

Hilcia said...

Great list of books for December! I also read more than I expected for the month, it was a surprise to me. :)

So glad you enjoyed Joe's Wife too. Now, I have to find the time to read the other books by Cheryl St. John I have on my TBR.