Thursday, December 3, 2009

November Reading Summary




It's that time again to list my monthly reading round up. It's not the greatest month I've had, but I'm happy with it. I read 12 books and I managed to participate in all three challenges I've joined.

1. To Desire a Devil, Hoyt (Historical) Rating: B+
2. Destined for an Early Grave, Frost (Paranormal) Rating: A
3. The Wildest Heart, Rogers (Western) Rating: B-
4. Highland Obsession, Halliday (Historical/Erotic) Rating: C-
5. Magic Bites, Andrews (Urban Fantasy) Rating: B
6. Take a Chance on Me, Donovan (Contemporary) Rating: B
7. A Most Unconventional Courtship, Allen (Historical) Rating: B
8. Face Time, Ryan (Mystery) Rating: B
9. Demon Forged, Brook (Paranormal) Rating: B+
10. Indiscreet, Jewel (Historical) Rating: B+
11. For the Love of Pete, Harper (Contemporary) Rating: B-
12. Rage of Angels, Sheldon (Mainstream) Rating: C+

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow that is an impressive list, I have only read five books in november! Have a great weekend!

Pearl said...

I'm going with what Marissa said. Also read only 5 books (partly due to illness) and your list is impressive.

I look forward to your review of FOR THE LOVE OF PETE. I loved it and a B- means you probably did too (not completely sure how the letter grading system translates into stars or 1-10 ratings...)

Jill D. said...

Hi Marissa! - Thanks, my goal was 12 and I read 12. Before I started blogging I could easily read 15 - 20 books a month. I wish I could read faster because I have so many books I want to read. My TBR pile is huge and I fear I may never get it down to a managable level.

Hi Pearl! - I am so sorry to hear you were sick. That is never any fun. A B- would be a 6 on a 1-10 grading scale, which is better than average and yes, I did enjoy it with a few minor quibbles. I could easily recommend it to fans of contemporary romance. I will have the review up early next week.

nath said...

Woohoo, you've reached your goal :D and it seems that reading-wise, it wasn't so bad :D

Jeez, after almost two years, I still can't believe that you review them all!!