Sunday, November 15, 2009

An Update...




So, I am headed to the Midwest tomorrow for my "real job". I have a training I will be attending for the week on a new piece of equipment my lab acquired. I am not sure if I will have access to a computer where I am headed. The hotel promises free wi-fi, but I will believe it when I see it. I have been burned in the past.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you are wondering what happened to me and why I haven't been posting or commenting. I will schedule a couple of reviews to post, but I might not be able to answer your comments until I get back. I'll be back late Friday evening.

I am excited to get away and do something different and yet I am also hesitant to leave my family. My husband will be by himself with the kids for 4 nights. He will have to get the kids ready for school, make lunches, dinners and get the kids ready for bed. I'll be honest. I am worried for him. It will be a lot of work. Hey, maybe this will mean he will appreciate me when I come back, right?! I just hope he isn't scarred for life, LOL!

9 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Altogether now - if there are others who remember this song, follow the bouncing ball:

Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you,
Until we meet again.
Happy trails to you,
Keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we'ere together?
Just sing a song, and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you,
Til we meet again.

(hopefully they will have free wi-fi (whatever that is)

Kristie (J) said...

And yes - he will definitely appreciate you when you return. Read a hawt book while you are gone and you will both be smiling upon your return ;-)

Christine said...

LOL! I can't believe Kristie typed out all those lyrics! *giggling*

Have a safe trip, Jill. I'm sure your family is already counting down for your return. We're that treasured. ;)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the training and getting wi-fi. Hope everything goes well for your husband and kids. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" I'm sure your husband will appreciate you more when you come back, husbands usually do.

Marissa said...

Good luck with the training and the trip, I hope your husband will manage the household and kids! Your family will be counting the days till you are back and appreciate you even more when you are back.

Carolyn Crane said...

Good luck on the training. And let me know if by "midwest" you mean Minneapolis or St. Paul!!

Jill D. said...

Yay!!! I have computer access and free wi-fi! Kristi wi-fi is wireless internet, that means I can blog from my iPod. Thank you everyone for the well wishes. It is so quiet in my hotel room, I think I will go crazy before the week is out. Or maybe I will get used to it, LOL!

I am in Lincoln Nebraska - land of the corn! Not much to do here I think. CJ - I did fly into the Min/St. Paul airport for my connecting flight to NE. Too bad we couldn't get together, but definitely not enough time. I'll see you at RT though!

nath said...

Yay for free wi-fi!! LOL, I hope you have fun, even if it's for work :D

Leslie said...

Yeah for wi-fi! And peace and quiet. Hope the training is going well.

Believe me, he'll appreciate you so much. You probably make all of it look easy, he'll find out it's not. :)

And now guess what song I have running through my head? LOL