Sunday, April 5, 2009

Series Sunday - MacKenzie's




This is an oldie, but goodie as far as series go in the romance world. Linda Howard wrote a collection of books that revolve around the Mackenzie family. The men in these books are classic Howard heroes. They are uber manly and larger than life. They are over protective of their women with incredible sex drives and they have no problem going after what they want. These books aren't always politically correct, but they sure are fun to read.

The first book stars Wolf Mackenzie and Mary. Wolf has one son Joe from a previous marriage and then he and Mary had a slew of other children. The subsequent books feature the other children. I personally don't believe the books have to be read in order to enjoy them. They each stand alone. My favorites are the first two Mackenzie's Mountain and Mackenzie's Mission. The weakest of the bunch is Mackenzie's Magic.

Series Reading Order

1. Mackenzie's Mountain (1989)
2. Mackenzie's Mission (1992)
3. Mackenzie's Pleasure (1996)
4. Mackenzie's Magic (1996)
5. A Game of Chance (2000)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I have wanted to read the first one for some time. Audible had only an abridged version. I may just chase down the paper back.

Kate Diamond said...

Okay, totally not related but... I love your site design! Did you write your own code, or do you have a template? (I was looking on your website but I couldn't find a web credit.)

Kris said...

I love this series, great characters (and very sexy men).

nath said...

Ah, great series :) The only book I haven't read is the novella about the daughter.

Jill D. said...

Jessica, Have you ever read Linda Howard before? She is in a category all by herself. There is just something about her writing that appeals on all kinds of levels for me. If you get a chance, do give this series a try.

Kate, Thank you for the compliment. I just used one of the default design templates from Blogger and tweaked it a bit. I wish I new more about HTML code so I could do a few more things with it. Although, sometimes less is more and it's best to keep things simple.

Kris, I couldn't agree more. The men are super sexy :)

Nath, This is a great series, but you are not missing much with the daughter. Now that I did this post though, I feel a re-read in the works!